Testing plays an important role in SDLC and it is very crucial because in SDLC, testing improve reliability, performance and some other factors that may require during this process. Here, I am writing post Role of Testing in SDLC with Importance so that apart from role, you can also learn why testing is important in SDLC.
Role of Software Testing in SDLC – Software Development
Below are given some important roles that are played by the testing in the development of software (SDLC)
1. One of the important role plays by testing in SDLC is that it, examines code/program for discovering problems and errors early in the system.
2. Another role is, testing always simulating a system/application to perform a program operation.
3. Software Testing always evaluates the capabilities of the code/program over entire products.
4. Another main role is that, testing always helps in reviewing of requirements and design as well as executing the code.
5. Testing is also important in measuring system/application functionality and quality of the product/project.
6. Testing also plays important role in lowering the maintenance cost of the software product/project.
7. It also helps in providing interaction between development and users.
Importance of Software Testing in SDLC – Software Development Life Cycle
Software Testing is considered as the one of the important and necessary phases in SDLC because of the following reasons given below:
1. Testing always helps to verify that complete software requirements are implemented correctly or not, means it is implemented according to the defined requirements or not.
2. Testing definitely helps in identifying defects/bugs and ensuring they are recognized/addressed before software deployment stage.
3. Testing also demonstrates that software/application appears to be working according to specifications and the performance requirements that have been defined is also met.
4. One of the main reason why testing is important in SDLC is, testing always helps to verify proper integration and interaction of each component in the system.
As you know Software Testing has become one of the crucial parts of development and it is better to start testing from the very early development phase in order to avoid future difficulty by correcting the bug/defect at the final/last stage.
If any defect/issue is found and fixed after development, then the cost of correction will be much higher than the cost of fixing it at earlier stages of development.
At end we conclude, this is all I know regarding Role of Testing in SDLC and why Testing is Important in SDLC, but if you know better points on these popular terms, than discuss your thoughts in the comments section below to help others. Your feedbacks are also welcomed for this very popular post.